Thursday, August 4, 2011

Who has time for Patience?

So for as long as I can remember observing my experience with humans, I've been hearing about this "patience" thing.   When I was learning what it meant to be a good little human, I would always hear my guardians say "Be patient! or "You've got to have some patience if you want to...."   But from those same people and others I would quite often hear the phrase "I don't have time for that!"   And most of the time that I would hear the phrase,  it would be in regards to something they wanted to dismiss.  And although they may be declaring their desire to dismiss that reality, I wondered why certain things weren't just addressed even if only briefly.

So today I would like to think I'm a bit wiser on this journey and understand to a degree why certain foci may seem futile and not worthy of good energy and attention.  But regarding the concept of patience, I have felt that "The Illusion of Time" might skew the human's perception of whether certain challenges were worthy of even a quick attempt at resolution.

Anyway....if you're following along the path of my socially deviant thinking, you may understand the punch-line of today's blogpost a little clearer.   I have lived by my own cliches for many years and have often verbalized them publicly for personal affirmation or even at times to encourage open debate.  One of my most frequently stated cliches is about Patience.  And almost every time anyone has been within an earshot of me saying it, they respond with "I like that.  I'm going to use that."   So I've been eager to publicize it.   Perhaps one day people will be reciting my cliches and quoting me like Confucius.  But if you get to know me, you may realize that I'm less interested in impressing people and creating a legacy as I am in advancing the human condition.   But I wouldn't be surprised if this one ripples out and catches on.  And if I'm going to be well-known for anything, perhaps any ego that remains around my consciousness would be proud of this. So without further ado.... here it is.....

"Patience is like a muscle....the more you exercise it....the more it grows!"  If you find yourself running out of it for any reason, you may want to consider the reasons why.  Are you running out of patience from not exercising it?   And if you feel you don't have time to spend on certain people and things, then perhaps it isn't even worth the mention that you don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment